For people with cracked or missing teeth, dental implants from Dorval dentist Hana Chatila at Dorval Dental Clinic have always been an excellent option. Now, however, and even better alternative to dental implants exists: mini dental implants. Mini dental implants offer patients all the benefits of traditional dental implants without all the hassle.
What are mini implants?
Like traditional dental implants, mini implants also take the place of a tooth root in order to hold a new fake tooth or set of dentures in place. Unlike traditional implants, however, mini implants are much smaller and less invasive, though still very stable. Mini implants from our Montreal practice are the perfect solution for people who cannot have a full set of traditional dental implants done for whatever reason or who only need to have narrower teeth replaced. They are also a perfect option for anyone who wants a brilliant smile, but who is worried about the time and the cost. These mini implants have two parts as described by the Mini Dental Implant Centers of America (MDICA): a titanium post with a ball on the end, and a socket with a rubber O-ring that attaches the tooth to the post.
Benefits of mini dental implants.
Mini implants from Dorval Dental Clinic offer several great benefits.
- Mini implants eliminate the need for dental surgery, which reduces the risk of complications.
- If complications do occur, bone grafting is not necessary.
- Unlike traditional implants, which require multiple visits months apart, mini implants can be placed in as little as one one hour session.
- Mini implants cost far less than their traditional counterparts.
- Mini implants are very durable, practical and comfortable. You'll forget you even have them, and others won't be able to tell either.
- Mini implants offer a quicker recovery time. You shouldn't experience any real discomfort afterwards, and you can resume light eating right away.
Mini implants support most types of replacement teeth. The MIDCA points to dentures, bridges and fixed crowns, but according to American Academy of Implant Dentistry says mini implants are also suitable for securing loose and lower arch dentures.
You can learn more about mini dental implants here.
If you are looking for affordable mini dental implants, trust the dentist Dorval residents recommend for all of their dental treatment needs: Dr. Hana Chatila at Dorval Dental Clinic. Whether you have one missing tooth or several, Dr. Chatila will help you have a smile you can be proud to show off once again! Call and book an appointment today!